Wushu Scholar Travel Terms and Conditions
- The following defines the Wushu Scholar payment terms.
Deposit Policy - One-third (33%) of total trip cost at time of booking, unless otherwise stated by travel supplier.
Payment Policy - Final payment is due thirty (30) days after the booking date, unless otherwise stated by travel supplier. For any payments received after the due date, a late fee of fifty dollars ($50) will be assessed.
Changes - Once your booking is made, there will be a twenty five dollar ($50) charge per passenger every time there is a change to the reservation, and may be more depending on the travel supplier for your trip.
- Trip Cancellation by Wushu Scholar - Wushu Scholar reserves the right to cancel a trip for any reason, but will not cancel a trip less than thirty (30) days before the trip start date except in the case of force majeure or consolidation, or the client's failure to pay the final balance. When a trip is cancelled the client may choose between a full refund of all monies paid or any alternative trip offered in lieu by the company. If the alternative trip chosen by the client is of a lower value than originally booked then the client is entitled to a refund of the price difference. Force majeure is an unusual or unforeseen circumstance outside of the company's control. Consolidation refers to the fact that each trip is dependent upon a minimum of persons participating.
- Trip Cancellation by the Client - All cancellations must be made in writing by email to email@example.com.
There is $150 per passenger cancellation fee in the event you cancel your trip, and may be more depending on the travel supplier for your trip.
Note that if the trip balance is not received thirty (30) days before the trip start date then the trip will be deemed to have been cancelled by the client and the deposit cannot be returned.
In addition, the following cancellation rules apply.
These tiers may be different for the travel supplier for your trip. Please ask your consultant if the cancellation policy of your travel supplier is more stringent than our own.
a) Trip cancellation 31-60 days before the trip start date - 50% of package cost is non-refundable.
b) Trip cancellation 0-30 days before the trip start date - 100% of package cost is non-refundable.
c) Trip cancellation after the trip start date - No refund of any payments.
- Prices & Surcharges - As we publish our prices well in advance, we may occasionally be faced with a significant cost increases due to factors over which we have no control. As such we reserve the right to impose surcharges (or price increases) up to thirty (30) days before the trip start date due to unfavourable exchange rates, increases in train fares or other transport costs, taxes, or if government action should require us to do so. Surcharges will be calculated according to the full extra cost, compared to the original costs and exchange rates. The company will be responsible for the first 5% of the additional trip price and the client will be responsible for the balance. If any surcharges result in an increase of more than 10% of the trip cost the client may cancel the booking within 7 days of notification of the surcharge and obtain a full refund.
- Voluntary Participation and Assumption of Risk - I acknowledge that I have voluntarily applied to participate on a trip purchased from Wushu Scholar and its suppliers. I have read the description of the trip provided to me by Wushu Scholar or the operator running the trip. I am voluntarily participating in this trip with knowledge of the numerous risks and hazards involved, including but not limited to, negligence (but not the reckless, wilful or fraudulent conduct) on the part of Wushu Scholar or its affiliated suppliers, employees and co-participants, physical exertion for which I am not prepared, forces of nature, transportation failures and conditions by auto, foot or otherwise, risks associated with food or impure water, epidemics, dangers associated with wild animals or environments, high altitude, civil unrest, terrorism, acts of war, criminal activity, breakdown of equipment, accident or illness without access to means of rapid evacuation or availability of medical services or supplies, the adequacy of medical services once obtained, and the risk of stolen or lost luggage or property. I acknowledge that the enjoyment of adventure travel is derived in part from the assumption of such risks and that these risks, inherent and otherwise, contribute to such enjoyment and excitement, being a reason for my participation. I hereby agree to be fully responsible for my own welfare and accept any and all risks of my enrolment and participation in the trip, including, but not limited to, delay, unanticipated events, inconvenience, property loss or damage, illness, injury, emotional trauma or death.
- Release of Liability - I acknowledge that Wushu Scholar does not own or operate any entity which provides goods or services for the trip I am purchasing, which includes the transportation, guides, hotels, food service providers and other services from various independent suppliers that are not subject to its control, and therefore Wushu Scholar is not liable for any property loss or damage, illness, injury, emotional trauma, death or any other loss that may occur while on the trip. Wushu Scholar Ltd, therefore, is also not responsible for any negligent or wilful act or failure to act of any such supplier, including for their insolvency, or of any other third party over whom Wushu Scholar Ltd has no control. In addition, as consideration for being permitted by Wushu Scholar and its suppliers to participate in their adventure travel activities, I, for myself, my heirs, personal representatives and family members, hereby release and agree not to sue Wushu Scholar or its affiliated companies, directors, officers, or employees or any such related entity or persons (the "Released Parties") from any claim for property loss or damage, illness, injury, emotional trauma or death resulting from the negligence (but not the reckless, wilful or fraudulent conduct) of the Released Parties as a result of my enrolment in or participation on such trip.
- Authority on Tour - At all times the decision of the company's guide or representative will be final on all matters likely to endanger the safety and well being of the tour group. The client must at all times strictly comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange and drug regulations of China. Should the client fail to comply with the above, or should the client interfere with the well being of the group then the guide or company representative may order the client to leave the tour without recourse to any refund.
- Travel Documents - The client must be in possession of all valid passport, valid for at least six (6) months after your return date, and all visas required for the whole of the journey and the client accepts responsibility for obtaining the same. Any information or advice given by the company on visa, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment etc. is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of the company.
- Factors Outside the Company's Control (Force Majeure) - The company will do its best to minimize the effects of matters outside its control, but cannot accept any liability for these matters which include political disputes, border closures, refusal of visas, industrial action, delayed flights, unforeseeable climate, etc.
- Personal Travel Insurance - It is the client's responsibility to obtain sufficient personal travel insurance. The client is willing to accept full responsibility for insurance up to the limits that the client may require. This insurance must cover personal accident, medical expenses, air ambulance, loss of effects, repatriation costs and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage, injury delay or inconvenience occurring to the client. It must also cover cancellation, curtailment and loss of luggage and personal effects.
It is compulsory that all clients have personal training insurance. When obtaining travel insurance the client must ensure that the insurer is aware of the type of travel to be undertaken.
- Responsibility - The company shall not be liable for any damage or loss if the failure to carry out the contract is:
a) Attributed to the client
b) Attributed to a third party unconnected with the provision of services contracted for and the event is unforeseeable or avoidable
c) Due to unforeseen and unusual circumstances beyond the company's control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had to be exercised
d) Due to political disputes, industrial action, climate or other matters of a similar nature and any other force majeure
e) Due to an event which the company, even with all due care could not foresee or forestall. Any liability is limited to the full price paid for the tour. In all cases the company specifically excludes all liability for indirect or consequential loss or expense including loss of profits.
- Claims & Complaints - If a client has a complaint against the company the client must inform the trip guide and company representative while on the tour in order that the guide/representative can attempt to rectify the matter. Any further complaint must be put in writing to the company within 7 days of the end of the tour.
The client agrees this Agreement shall be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with English law.
- Local Conditions - Due to political and cultural differences, and the physical nature of the trips we offer, our packages involve risks other than those we take in our daily lives. It is important clients make themselves aware of the risks involved, and are responsible for making their travel plans accordingly.
- Travellers Representations and Voluntary Execution - I represent that neither I nor anybody travelling with me has any physical or other condition or disability that would create a hazard to me, my co-traveller or any other member of this trip. I acknowledge that Wushu Scholar and its suppliers have not conducted any investigation or medical tests to determine my medical condition, and release them from any claims that might arise from, or in any way relate to, my medical condition. I have carefully read this Agreement and fully understand its contents. I am aware that this is a release of liability and a contract between myself and Wushu Scholar and sign it of my own free will.